Monday, July 2, 2012

The Why

The BTS "Why I take online photography creative classes" - because it is the match.com for creatives. My "real life" friends (RLF), while they get and support me, are not the type who sigh when they see a beautiful photo or frantically dig in their purses for their phones to snap a quick pic or will only buy a purse if the Sony a55 fits comfortably inside .  I love them all, and couldn't live without them, but I play-play-play online.

My "Oh, I get it" story:  Three years ago, I decided, rather than try to bake cookies, nuts, bread, etc. for our holiday exchange I would take a photo, photoshop it up for the holidays and frame it for my friends.  After Christmas, I received wonderful thank you notes for the lovely frames.

This cracked me up, gosh did I laugh! They all were so sweet and a bit mortified when I later told them that the gift was the photo already in the frame.  In a way, it was kinda nice because they thought my little photo was the one that was in all the picture frames at Target.  It was really sweet, seeing the world through their eyes.  It still makes me smile.

6 comments:

  1. excellent!! I am the same, people don't understand that I am passionate about taking pictures. I love the two rain drops on this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, love the drops on this picture, wonderful, and the lines too.
    Thank you very much for stopping by my blog, and for your very kind words, most appreciated!
    Have a wonderful day, see you in class.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name of your blog. Looking forward to checking back in too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful image! Love the simplicity! Found your blog on Reflection of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely picture, Renee !
    I like the way you describe 'the why'...
    Nice to meet you and thanks for your nice comment,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the image also. So simple but elegant.

    ReplyDelete

welcome - and thank you for taking a moment to comment - enjoy your day! Renee