Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hello - again

Hello again blogger buddies.  We had a wedding to put on for one of our daughters.  Oh my.  Great fun!  Lots of planning!  Lots of creating!  Did I say lots of planning?

During the wedding-planning stage-of-life I took a sabbatical from blogging.  My path back in is taking Kim Klassen's Round Trip class.  So glad the class started immediately after the wedding.

After filling up the MacBook Pro's disk twice now with "too many pictures" I knew I had a real problem with storing files and I wanted to learn Lightroom.  The first two days of class have been all about LR basics of file storage.  No wonder I was confused about what to do.  Thank goodness Kim can lay out a path.  Taking a class from Kim is like having a friend sitting next to me here at the kitchen counter coaching me along my own path.

I'll be checking in with my blogger buddies from previous classes over the next few days.

It feels good to be back.

Oh - and two weeks before the wedding, my camera quit working.  stopped.  the end.  very big ugh.  Purchasing an new camera was not in the budget.  HAD to buy a new camera.  After going back and forth over what to do, finally purchased a Sony NEX 5 for the wedding and to send it on the honeymoon with the newly weds.  I'll send my Sony a55 off to the camera hospital in Texas this month.

Another "Oh" - my iPhone never made it back from the reception.  So right now I am phoneless and cameraless.  Very strange to travel without my two best friends hanging out at my side.

1 comment:

  1. Renee- WELCOME BACK! So glad to see that you aren't gone for good. Someday I will be in the same situation with a wedding to plan. YIKES!! Fortunately right now she doesn't even have a boyfriend. I have a feeling though that it will go fast once she finds the right one. You will LOVE the roundtrip class. I learned so much, and am much more confident with Lightroom now. Sucks about the camera and the iPhone :(

    ReplyDelete

welcome - and thank you for taking a moment to comment - enjoy your day! Renee