Wednesday, August 15, 2012

#takeamoment

Finding the time. Being conscious of time. I'm realistic about having it all. It's a selective process.

I have a time value awareness to my schedule. Wake early before the house, except for the dogs. They always seem to wake, I ignore them in the morning. Exercise with the TV (no travel time). Make tea and gather my art pack. Find a quiet spot... Outside is wonderful now!

Still. Something. Missing.

Paging through a fab little quiet book from my simple collection, a voila moment. The missing words. From Mary Oliver. It's always a poet or one simple phrase, isn't it?

"Every day I walk out into the world to be dazzled, then to be reflective.". Mary Oliver. (so glad she shares her brilliance with us)

I'm missing that reflective part. Where to find THAT time? Sheesh.

While watering my drought stricken flowers I pondered and pondered. Then pondered again. Another dazzling moment... I don't have to have pencil and a notebook to be reflective. Reflective can be done with thoughts alone! Duh. Duh. Duh

Or in twitter speak, which I love, #takeamoment

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I have my reflective time when I walk the dogs in the morning, it is early and quiet and there is soooo much going on in my head. It is a great time to sort it all out, or at least try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same as sarah, I reflect when I walk the dogs or go for a run, love your post. I am at justinegordon2 on twitter although I don't really know what I am doing.

    ReplyDelete

welcome - and thank you for taking a moment to comment - enjoy your day! Renee